The Salem Public Library provides free or reduced rate passes to several Boston and North Shore museums. You may reserve passes online, reserve in person at the Reference Desk, or call the library at (978) 744-0860.
Making an Online Reservation
Please note: the above links will take you to an external website. Also, museum passes that cannot be printed must be picked up at the library. Your printed reservation confirmation is not valid for museum admission.
• You must have a NOBLE library card to reserve a pass, whether you are making a reservation online, over the phone, or in person.
• You must bring the library card used to make the reservation when picking up a pass.
• You must be at least 16 years of age.
• If you owe $50.00 or more on your library account, you will not be able to reserve a pass.
• Patrons are expected to cancel reservations when they cannot pick up passes. Patrons who have failed to pick up 2 passes within 30 days may be blocked from making advance reservations for 30 days.
• Passes can be reserved one month in advance. We recommend reserving a pass as soon as you have finalized your plans.
Picking Up a Pass
Plastic, returnable passes are only available on the date of use. These passes include: Massachusetts State Parks, Lynn Museum and Historical Society, Salem Witch Museum, Historic New England, and the Wenham Museum.
Coupon passes are available for pickup prior to the day of use. These passes include: House of the Seven Gables, Zoo New England, North Shore Children’s Museum, Mass Audubon and Harvard Museums of Science & Culture.
Discount codes may be given out over the phone prior to the day of use. Participating museums include: Peabody Essex Museum and the Museum of Fine Arts.Digital passes are emailed upon reservation. Participating museums include New England Aquarium, Boston Children’s Museum, Museum of Science, Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum, and the USS Constitution.
Plastic, returnable passes are available for pickup at Salem Public Library Reference Desk on the second floor and are only available on the date of use.
These passes include: Lynn Museum and Historical Society, Salem Witch Museum, House of the Seven Gables, Historic New England, and the Wenham Museum.
Returning a Pass
Plastic passes must be returned promptly. These passes are due back 48 hours after the date of use. Plastic passes will accrue a $2.00 fee per day overdue. Any overdue passes will result in a 14-day restriction of reservation privileges. Paper passes will be collected at the museum and do not need to be returned.
Passes Available at Other Libraries
The Salem Public Library receives one pass per day for each museum. If our pass is booked, you may try and reserve a pass at another NOBLE library.