GARNISH FOR GOOD: LETTERS FOR SALEM RESIDENTS IN-NEED
Please join us in spreading kindness this year by sharing notes of encouragement and wishes for a happy new year with our seniors and others in-need. Submissions will be collected through Friday, January 21, 2022 and Root will begin distributing the letters with each meal delivered in January.
Senior Letter Guidelines:
1. Letters must be legible (large print) and may contain drawings or pictures. No worries if you’re not artistic– it is the thought that counts!
2. Avoid religion and politics. Your letter should resonate with anyone.
3. Exclude the date (day, month, and year).
4. Embrace creativity! Recipients love it when the letters are personal. We encourage you to make your letters colorful and fun– photos, crosswords, poems, and drawings are great!
5. Be kind & thoughtful. This is a one-way letter exchange, so you will not receive a letter back. Receiving nothing in return is part of the beauty of your act of kindness, and recipients aren’t burdened by feeling obligated or unable to respond.
8. Send us your letters by Friday, January 21, 2022